A simple tutorial shows you how to compress a MP4 file as easily as possible.
First you need a tool to compress MP4 file size. One of the most popular tools that can significantly shrink the file size without losing quality is Brorsoft Video Converter or Mac version.
- Compress MP4 files in an extremelly fast speed (90 seconds for a 100MB video).
- Easy to use but comprehensive settings satisfies your MP4 compression requirement.
- Additional editing fucntions help you to personalize your MP4 video before compression. You can trim, crop, rotate, add effects/subtitle/watermark to your MP4 videos at will.
- Compress MP4 to as many formats, resolutions, codecs and bit rates as you want.
- Directly compress MP4 to iPhone/iPad/iPod touch playable formats and resolutions.
- Compress MP4 to web sharing, including YouTube, VEVO, Facebook, Hulu, Vimeo and more.
- Multi-task support enables you to compress several MP4 videos at a time.
- Perfectly compatible with the latest OS: Windows 10 & macOS Sierra.
3 Ways to Compress a MP4 Video
Method 1: Reduce Size of MP4 to a Smaller-Sized FLV, WMV
There is a bewildering array of video formats besides MP4 - AVI, WMV, FLV, MOV, MKV, etc for compressing files. Based on our testing, WMV and FLV provide relatively small size. If you hope to compress MP4 format, it's advised to convert MP4 to WMV or FLV to reduce MP4 file size using the above recommended MP4 converter.
Learn how to convert MP4 to WMV/FLV step by step.
Method 2. Lower Video Resolution, Frame Rate and Bit Rate to Losslessly Compress MP4 Files
Video resolution: The video resolution is closely bound up with video size and quality. Higher resolution usually results in larger video file size. Changing the original video to a smaller resolution will lead to a smaller file size. For HD MP4 video, as high as 1920*1080P, it's recommended to reduce to 1280X720, 640×480, 640×360, and more resolutions to make MP4 file smaller.
Bit rate: As for the bit rate, lowering the bit rate will bring about the decrease of the video file size. But please keep in mind the image quality will be bad in case you make the bit rate too low.
Frame rate: With regard to frame rate, it has a lot to do with the file size. the lower frame rate, the smaller size you will get, and vice versa.
Method 3. Trim Unwanted Part to Downsize MP4 Video File
Generally, trimming unwanted video clips from your big video file is a feasible way to decrease MP4 video file size. Brorsoft Video Converter that toast the editing features can realize the task. You can either change the video file into multiple segments or cut off the unwanted clips to get MP4 file size compressed.
OK. Above are three solutions for you to compress your MP4 video files. Hope it can be helpful to you. If you have other options, you can share it here.
Best HD Video Converter to Join Video Files into One for Free
The best way to join VOB video files
Convert MP4 to MPEG without losing quality
How to Add MP4 video to iMovie for editing
Simple way to insert MP4 to PowePoint 2016
A simple way to add subtitles to an MP4 for PS3
How can I open MP4 in VirtualDub