This article introduces a detailed guide on how to export iMovie project to MP4 video. Learn step-by-step guide now.
You may enjoy making movies with iMovie. After finished the movie editing, you probably would like to export the project for sharing your masterpiece with others. This article explores the method to export iMovie to MP4 video effortlessly.
Actually, there are two different ways to help you make it. Check them below:
Solution 1: Export Movie Video to MP4 Using QuickTime
1. Launch the iMovie and get into the main interface. Click "Share > Export using QuickTime" at the top menu bar.
2. Then a window named "Save exported file as..." pops up. Click "Export" option and find "Movie to MPEG-4" in the drop-down menu. If you need to make some settings to the file video format, you can click Settings button; if not, directly hit on "Save" button to export a mp4 file from iMovie.
Important Note: Using the above way, you can export iMovie video to MP4 files easily. However, the exported iMovie files can't be recognized by your device or rejected by the video sharing website sometimes due to the video/video codec incompatibility issue. In this case, you can seek for a better method.
Solution 2: Convert iMovie Video to MP4 with third-party app
Based on our testing, we found Brorsoft Video Converter for Mac is the best software to help you out. It can convert iMovie video to MP4 as well as AVI, WMV, FLV, 3GP, MPG, etc. so that you can watch them on computer, portable media players or upload to YouTube, Vimeo, Facebook, etc. What's more, this iMovie to MP4 converter can also works well with different videos from other NLEs like Final Cut Pro, Adobe Premiere Pro, Avid Media Composer, etc on Mac OS X (El Capitan included) to meet your different needs.
Guide on converting iMovie output to MP4 video
1. First of all, export your iMovie videos by selecting "Export using QuickTime ...">save your videos in MOV or other offered formats.
2. Launch Brorsoft Video Converter for Mac. Click the "Add Video" or "Add from folder" button to find the videos that you want to convert to MP4. Here you can import multiple videos.
3. Click on "Format" bar, and select output format from the drop-down list. H.264 and MPEG-4 encoded MP4 formats are available. For some common portable devices, optimal presets are listed for you, such as Android, iPad, iPhone and so on. Choose one you need.
Tip: If you like, you can click the "Settings" to set parameters like video codec, resolution, bitrate, frame rate, audio codec... for your devices.
4. Click the "Convert" button to start iMovie to MP4 conversion on Mac OS X. You can get an decent MP4 video after the short conversion. Enjoy it anywhere.
Export 4K/HD MP4 from Final Cut Pro X losslessly
Can Adobe Premiere CC Export ProRes on Windows PC